Things to do in Leeds for Valentine’s Day on 14th February: beauty salon prep, new bars, sushi-making classes and restaurant dining
1. Get prepped & primed
Girls! Head to Primark Beauty Studio Leeds to get ready for your Valentine’s Day dates! They offer nails, lash extensions, waxing and more.
2. Restaurant dining
The ultimate Valentine’s dinner date is at Angelica, looking out over the rooftops of Leeds and feasting on a Seafood Platter for Two (pictured) or a Native Lobster.
3. Go for a casual Valentine’s date
Take your guy to Beerhawk and he’ll love you forever! Beerhawk has a self-serve bar and some of the best street food in the city. And bring on the shuffleboard!
4. One for beer enthusiasts
Cupid’s arrow may strike if you take a date to Tapped, which offers a low-key Valentine’s beer-tasting experience. Love can blossom over a finely brewed beer, and slice of pizza. This American-style brew pub serves 27 draft beers as well as some great non-alcoholic beers. If you’re fond of the amber liquid, then this is the bar for you!
5. Roll like a pro at YO! Sushi School
With prices from £25, you can learn to make sushi at YO! This is couple’s cookery at its best!
6. Cinema and membership options
An ideal Valentine’s gift for film-lovers is an Everyman membership, costing from £25 per month. There are various membership packages and the main benefit is that members can bring a guest for free on Mondays.
Valentine’s Day gifts to show your loved ones that you care
1. ROX Celestial Gold Vermeil Plated Star Pendant, £75, ROX
2. K by Dolce&Gabbana, Eau de Toilette for him, £55, The Perfume Shop
3. Coni Della Vedova ‘Do What You Love’ Wall Art, £29–£189, Urban Outfitters
4. XL Imperial Rose Scented Candle, £49.50, Rituals
5. Crystalline Nova ballpoint pen, grey, chrome plated, £35, Swarovski
6. ROSIE FOR AUTOGRAPH Mesh & Lace Padded Plunge Bra A-E, £25, M&S
Hotel Chocolat is your go-to for Valentine's presents
Melt someone's heart with Hotel Chocolat's Valentine's creations. Hampers for her and him, heart-shaped chocolate boxes and gift box selections are so seductive. The champagne-filled heart chocolates are a must.