Trinity turns 10
Celebrate with us on 25th–26th March!
Trinity Leeds enters double digits on 21st March, 2023 – and we're celebrating in style! Visit us on the weekend of 25th – 26th March to join the party, where we'll have a live DJ playing all the top tunes from 2013, plus brand ambassadors dressed in pink and gold handing out sweet treats over the weekend.
Thank you to everyone who has made the last decade so special. Allow us to share some of our favourite memories from over the years...
Top 10 facts about Trinity Leeds
- 130,000 guests attended the launch day on 21st March, 2013
- More than 1,000 construction workers worked on building Trinity Leeds, taking a total of 19,296 hours to build
- Equus Altus, Trinity Leeds’ iconic horse, is five metres (16ft) tall, weighs two tonnes, and stands atop a 10-metre (33ft) steel column
- The length of power cables within Trinity Leeds could stretch from Leeds to Leicester
- There are 1,902 separate panes of glass in Trinity Leeds’ iconic dome roof and 918 LED lights
- Trinity Leeds is the equivalent size of 13 football pitches
- The glass roof can hold the weight of 10 elephants
- 108 people have worked continuously at Trinity Leeds since it opened 10 years ago
- Trinity Leeds is open for 6,500 hours a year
- In July 2020, following confirmation of Leeds United’s promotion to the Premier League, the street that connects Trinity Leeds to Commercial Street was renamed Marcelo Bielsa Way. Last year, Trinity Leeds confirmed it will remain a permanent fixture in the city to honour the former Whites manager.